Thursday, June 14, 2012

Beginnings

It all started back in high school.  I was one of those annoying students that never had a study hall.  It seemed like a waste of time to me.  In an effort to fill out my schedule, I signed up for photography class.  My grandfather let me borrow his SLR.  There was no "d" at that point, at least not that anyone in my community could afford.  I carried that thing everywhere, in a Cinderella lunchbox.  That is where the love affair began.

Ever since then, I have carried a camera with me at all times.  It is wonderful to see the world through the eyes of a photographer.  Even the simplest of things are beautiful!

Today marks an important day in my adventure.  While I have had the good fortune to use a dSLR for several weeks, it is today that I received my very own to start on this new chapter of my journey.

The plan is to share photos here and get some feedback.  Hopefully, I can share things I learn along the way as well!

This is a picture from my first session with my new camera.  Apollo is a Tennessee Walking Horse.  He is a great sport for posing for me. :-)


2 comments:

  1. Hey Kristen, I've really loved your work so far but more importantly...BBQs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nick! The plan is to bring Dave next week. :-)

    ReplyDelete