Saturday, July 21, 2012

Perspective

When I set out on my lunch break to hike through the park I was attempting to come up with a photography assignment for myself.  Here is western New York, the rain has been pretty scarce this summer, leading to slim pickings when it comes to wild flowers.  Looking around, all I saw was Queen Ann's Lace.... every where.  It was going to be rough to get any amount of  interesting photos.  That is when my personal assignment came to me.  I challenged myself to find different ways to photograph my only subject.

At first, I had trouble thinking outside the box.  While nice, it is straight forward and there are a million pictures just like it.

Well, since I am in the medical profession, my mind went to the orthogonal view.  This is the result, an image taken directly from the side.  Again, nice as it shows off the intricate greenery associated with this plant.  But it still lacks something.

The next step was to create some dimentionality to the picture.  By avoiding "straight on" in either direction, you can start to imagine that the object is less flat. 





Last but not least, I decided to photograph from under the plant upwards.  At first, I wasn't that excited about the result.


 
In the end, my favorite image of the day was way out of my comfort zone.  Very pleased with myself. Hope you like it too.

If you like these images, check out my facebook page.  I posted more there...

No comments:

Post a Comment